Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Tough Days

You ever had a day where you're just in a funk...like there's nothing specific that you are upset about, but your spirit is not on fire, not like usual....that's me today.

So I sat and I thought about it....I prayed....I even tried to force a praise in. Nothing.

So I thought some more...and then I remembered something:

This one time I was at my aunts house, and we were listening to Tye Tribbett. Everyone was in the kitchen and we were all singing at the top of our lungs, next thing I know, I was in a full blown shout...in the middle of the kitchen floor. By the time the song went off, I was waving my hands and thanking God. It was a very interesting moment, I mean, certain songs get me excited, but I'd never experienced my spirit being that overwhelmed out of nowhere.

The next day I received a major blessing from God. It was in that moment that I realized my spirit was praising God for something that I could not yet see in the natural. My spirit had literally gotten excited about what was to come!

So, back to today...one thing that I have learned on this journey is that the enemy's spirit is just as real as the spirit of the living God. The enemy also knows what God has in store for me! Today is merely his attempt and an attack on what lies ahead! I realized that I have literally at some point let my guard down for him to come in and interrupt my premeditated praise with a seed of chaos and confusion.

When you find that you have let the enemy in, you literally have to command him to leave. You can pray and praise all you want, but he (the enemy) is waiting for you to command him using your God given authority to cast him out! There's so much power in the tongue, many times a shift in the atmosphere merely requires you to open your mouth!

Use your power, I did...and I feel like I'm back on the right track! Excited about what is ahead! It's going to be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment